Previous Item Print Next Item

November 5, 2018, City Council Regular Meeting
36. Motion to Renew and Modify Annual Contract for Water, Sewer, Stormwater Line Repair with Southern Champion Construction (Event No. 5512)
Strategic Priority

Recommend approval to renew and modify an annual contract for water, sewer, and stormwater line repair services with Southern Champion Construction in the estimated amount of $2,500,000.00. 

These repair services will be used by Public Works and Water Resources for the repair of water, sewer, and storm lines, utility access points, catch basins, and other related structures. These services will also be used to augment City crews during heavy work loads and emergency situations. 

Contract Modification No. 1 includes an increase in the estimated amount of $864,000.00 to complete additional line repairs due to additional City needs. The contractor is engaged when the scope of project or volume of work exceeds the City's capacity. 

The contract included an overall M/WBE goal of 9% (6% MBE and 3% WBE). Based on the proposed schedule of M/WBE participation submitted by the low bidder, the overall M/WBE participation is 9% (6% MBE using Frankie Thompson Enterprises (C) and 3% WBE using Premier Concrete (F)).

This is the first of three renewal options available.  Council originally approved this contract on December 21, 2017 in the amount of $1,631,500.00.  The contract term will be from November 5, 2018 through December 31, 2019.  



Heath Lloyd, Chief Infrastructure and Development Officer
Financial Impact
An estimated $2,500,000.00 expenditure from the Water and Sewer, General, and Capital Improvements Funds
Review Comments
Line Repair Scope.pdf
Line Repair Bid Tab.pdf
Line Repair Purchasing Summary.pdf
Line Repair Funding Verification.pdf
Agenda Plus