Previous Item Print Next Item

August 12, 2021 City Council Regular Meeting
21. Authorize the City Manager to Execute a Contract for the Expansion of Greenwich Cemetery, Located at 330 Greenwich Road, with Sandhill ALS Construction Inc in the Amount of $231,970. Project will Create Space for 1,978 Burial Plots which can be Sold to the General Public, Generating an Estimated $2.2 Million Dollars in Revenue (40% Goes to Cemetery Capital Funds/60% Goes to Perpetual Care Trust).
Strategic Priority
Good Government

Recommend approval of a construction contract for the expansion of Greenwich Cemetery with Sandhill ALS Construction, Inc. in the amount of $231,970.

For the continued growth of Greenwich Cemetery, the cemetery is in need of an expansion. The project will expand the cemetery by opening a portion of the cemetery labeled as section six. Section six is just under five acres and will include an additional 1,978 burial plots once the site work is complete. This construction project will prepare section six for use and includes clearing, grubbing, removing root balls, hauling, site grading, and erosion control.

The additional lots being developed are expected to generate $2.2 Million in revenue based on current pricing. Lot sale revenues are split 40/60 with 40% going toward cemetery capital funds and the other 60% is deposited into a perpetual care trust, which will be used to fund the maintenance of the cemeteries once they no longer accrue revenue. 

The bid was advertised, opened, and reviewed. Delivery: As needed. Terms: Net 30 days. The bidders were:

L.B.         Sandhill ALS Construction, Inc. (Port Wentworth, GA)(C)     $231,970

                Collins Construction Services, Inc.  (Savannah, GA)(A)       $316,647

A pre-bid conference was not conducted. L.B. indicates low bidder.  (A) indicates a local, DBE owned business. (C) indicates Non-local, DBE-owned business.  Recommend approval.




Cristy Lawrence, Senior Director of Capital Projects
Financial Impact
Expenditure of $231,970 from the Capital Improvement Fund
Review Comments
Exhibit 1: Funding Verification
Exhibit 2: Purchasing Notes
Agenda Plus