|Previous Item||Next Item|
|February 14, 2019, City Council Regular Meeting|
8. Motion to Amend the Zoning Ordinance By Creating the Cohen’s Retreat PUD Zoning District (Petitioner: Joshua Yellin for HTIMS, LLC)
The Mayor & Aldermen approved this request at the January 31, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting. The action being considered now is the approval of an ordinance for the amendment to the text of the Zoning Ordinance for a new article for the Cohen's Retreat PUD Zoning District.
Joshua Yellin, as agent for HTIMS, LLC, is requesting to amend the Zoning Ordinance by creating the Cohen's Retreat Planned Unit Development (Cohen’s Retreat PUD) Zoning District (File No. 18-005942-ZA) and to rezone 5715 Skidaway Rd from the PUD-IS (Planned Unit Development – Institutional) Zoning District to the Cohen’s Retreat PUD Zoning District (File No. 19-000354-ZA). The subject property, 5715 Skidaway Road, is located on the west side of Skidaway Road between Bona Bella Ave. and Bacon Park Dr. The Cohen’s Retreat PUD District is intended to master plan and to provide comprehensive standards for commercial, civic, residential and mixed-use purposes located at 5715 Skidaway Road (PIN 2-0141-05-005).
This (File No. 18-005942-ZA) is the first of two related Agenda Items. The second Agenda Item is the rezoning of 5715 Skidaway Road to the Cohen's Retreat PUD (File No. 19-000354-ZA).
On January 8, 2018, the Planning Commission voted to recommend approval on the condition that:
1) A site plan shall be submitted for MPC staff approval that denotes adequate parking for the approved uses on site; and
2) References to the "take-away" use shall be removed from the PUD Text and Master Plan.
City staff recommend approval on the following three conditions:
1) A site plan shall be submitted for City and MPC staff approval that denotes adequate parking for the approved uses on site;
2) References to the "take-away" use shall be removed from the PUD Text and Master Plan; and
3) That a Certificate of Occupancy and/or Certificate of Completion shall be required for all existing uses and prior to any use changes affecting any and all buildings and accessory structures.
Bridget Lidy, Planning & Urban Design Director
Exhibit 1: Cohen's Retreat PUD Planning Commission Recommendation.pdf
Exhibit 2: Cohen's Retreat PUD Draft Ordinance.pdf
Exhibit 3: Cohens Retreat Master Plan.pdf
Exhibit 4: Draft Ordinance MPC (Redline).pdf