August 17, 2017 City Council Regular Meeting
Motion to Approve Project Framework Agreement with Georgia Department of Transportation for Truman Linear Park Trail - Phase IIB

Recommend approval to authorize the City Manager to execute a project framework agreement with the Georgia Department of Transportion (GDOT). This agreement will allow the City to begin preliminary design of Phase IIB of the Truman Trail, and is a requirement in order to receive GDOT reimbursement for the project.   

The Truman Linear Park Trail will provide a fully accesible off-road path for non-motorized recreation along the Truman Parkway. When completed, the trail will be approximately six miles long and extend from Lake Mayer to Daffin Park. It will link 827 acres of existing park land within the City limits and will connect over 25 neighborhoods.

Phase IIB of the trail spans the distance between DeRenne Ave and Bee Road at 52nd Street (Daffin Park).  Execution of this agreement will enable the City to receive 80% reimbursement of the City's project expenditures. 



Nick Deffley, Director of Sustainability
Financial Impact
GDOT reimburses the City the 80% of the City's project expenditures.The City will be responsible for the remaining 20%.
Review Comments
Project Framework Agreement - Truman Linear Park Trail, Phase IIB.pdf
Project Framework Agreement - Truman Linear Park Trail, Phase IIB.pdf
TLPT Phase IIB - Conceptual Alignment.pdf
Agenda Plus